Beginning my Journal Minimalism

In my previous post I mentioned how I started journaling as a child and have considered on and off on getting rid of them. Today, in my ongoing quest to becoming much more minimalistic, I have started getting rid of physical copies of said journals.

I had the day off of work today and along with running a few errands, spent a large portion of my day at the local library. In addition to reading an entire book of poetry (Florence Welch's new book "Useless Magic") I started to scan some of my journals into a USB port. Throughout the day I scanned seven of my old journals (ranging from 2007 to 2011) one by one onto my USB port. Each journal became saved as a PDF file, and after each save I put each physical journal into the recycle can outside the library.

Back at home I also saved the digitized journals onto my laptop, so I have two copies backing up each other. And in addition I organized more of my old journals, getting them ready to be digitized and recycled. I plan to do this throughout the next few weeks and should get this project done relatively soon and quickly. At the library I could scan one or two of these at a time, whether it be on a day off or before and after work.

I suppose I felt somewhat bittersweetly about this, but mostly I felt relief and accomplishment. While I no longer have the original copies of my journals, I do still have the digital versions and can view them again if and when I wish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Imagination to Accept Facts

Me vs. Cracked.com

The Jetsons' Car That Turns Into a Suitcase