Shark Movie, Art, and Lack of Reading

1. This past Tuesday I saw the movie The Meg, which I enjoyed immensely. Perhaps not necessarily a contender for the Oscar for Best Picture, but it was filled with action scenes involving a giant shark that was attacking people (along with funny moments), which is all I was really asking for in that movie.



2. I went to the Seattle Art Museum this past Thursday. Every month in Seattle several of the museums have free admission on the first Thursday, and when I've had the day off on that particular day I've often taken advantage of that. I've been to the Seattle Art Museum a few times and have always enjoyed it; it's filled with several amazing works of art throughout history. I also brought my sketchbook with me and did a few quick sketches of some of the artwork.

3. Been trying to find a book to read for the past week or so. I grabbed a few library books but just couldn't get into them, so I turned them back in after reading just a few pages or chapters or so. It's not even that I didn't really find them interesting it's just that for whatever reason I couldn't get into them at the moment. Maybe it's just the mood I was in when I tried to read them. I think that the last time I found a book really engaging was a few weeks ago when I read the memoirs of Patton Oswalt (which I mentioned in a previous blog article).

During the time I would usually read, lately I often find myself instead reading online articles either on my phone or laptop. Part of me is afraid that I'm losing my attention span, although I think a lot of people in this day and age are afraid of that. On the other hand I still find myself reading, either articles about current events or other topics.

If anyone has any suggestions for books to read please mention them in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Imagination to Accept Facts

Me vs. Cracked.com

The Jetsons' Car That Turns Into a Suitcase