My Ideal Kitchen

A lot of things have happened in my relatively young life, much of it unexpected. I've lived in multiple states and countries. I've made many, many friends (and unfortunately a few enemies) throughout the world. I have earned a Bachelor's (and left college debt-free!) and gone through multiple careers. I have accomplished a few big things, such as reaching the rank of Eagle Scout and having written and self-published a book ("Mele the Mermaid"). I have had people close to me in life both prosper and also die unexpectedly. And yet through all of the over three decades of my life, one of the few constants of my life has been my love of food.



Currently I don't plan on purchasing a home anytime soon. This year I earned my TEFL certificate, and am looking to explore more of the world; I have a teaching job abroad lined up, and I'll probably tell you more about it when I have my visa officially in hand. But if, whenever, and wherever I eventually settle down, I do have a few ideas for how to decorate my kitchen.

1. Fortune Cookie Mosaic

One of my favorite types of food has always been Chinese and Japanese. Ever since I was a child, I have loved getting fortunes from the fortune cookies at the end of the meal. I've saved virtually every fortune I've gotten from an Asian-style restaurant since I was a kid, keeping them in one or two plastic bags. I have considered displaying them formally in a giant frame. Going a few steps forward, being the artist that I am, I have the idea of using all of my fortunes as a giant collage of a fortune cookie. All of the fortunes would make up one big paper fortune, while tan and/or yellow paper would create a fortune cookie.

2. Refrigerator Magnets

Throughout my life, I have collected both souvenir pins and refrigerator magnets. So naturally I would want to decorate my refrigerator with at least some of my magnets.

3. Coke Bottle

Back in the year 2000 my family and I went on a trip to Georgia. One of the many highlights we visited was the Coca-Cola Museum. Before leaving I got a souvenir Coke bottle that I still own. Somewhere in the kitchen I may have this displayed, perhaps behind a fiberglass case.

6. Paintings

I love to paint, so I might create paintings of food to add to the kitchen walls.

7. Movie Tickets

Like my fortune cookie fortunes, I have also hung onto several of the movie tickets for films I've seen over the years in a plastic bag. I might have these framed and put next to where the popcorn is kept. The movie tickets might also work just as well if not better in the living room next to the TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Imagination to Accept Facts

Me vs. Cracked.com

The Jetsons' Car That Turns Into a Suitcase