Five Facts About Justin Cecil


Hello, my name is Justin and after much thought and debate I have decided to start a blog. I’ve always enjoyed writing, and have previously written articles professionally for a few website such as axs.com and examiner.com. My plan at this point is to write at least one article per week. I plan to write about a variety of topics, whether it be about books I read, experiences I have, opinions, and anything else I have an inkling to write about and express.
And for my first blog post I have decided to introduce myself by writing down five facts about myself.

1.     I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas. Along with Texas I have lived in Arkansas, Florida, Israel, and am now currently living in the state of Washington.
2.     I am an Eagle Scout, the highest rank in the Boy Scouts. For my Eagle Project (a community service project one is required to organize and lead to obtain the rank) I lead a book drive in Florida for the Seminole County Library System.
3.     During college I hosted an online radio show. I attended the University of Central Florida, where I earned a Bachelor’s degree in radio-TV production with a minor in history. Had a great time hosting the show on campus, where I would play music and talk with other students.
4.     As I mentioned earlier I have lived in the country of Israel. For almost two years from 2012 to 2013 I worked as a volunteer gardener in Haifa and Akko at the Bahá'í World Centre. I would say that going to live and work abroad was one of the best decisions I ever made; I meet people from both Israel and throughout the world, many of whom I still keep in touch with, and witnessed sites and events that otherwise I would never have seen. It's a time in my life that I will always remember.
5.     I’ve written, illustrated, and self-published a children’s book titled Mele the Mermaid. I wrote it under the name J.A. Cecil, trying to sound very author-like, although next time I write a book I'll probably just use my actual name. You can purchase it online in both print and e-book versions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Imagination to Accept Facts

Me vs. Cracked.com

The Jetsons' Car That Turns Into a Suitcase