Videos on Youtube That I Think Should Get More Attention

Recently the music video for Guns N' Roses song "November Rain" just reached a billion views. This makes sense; the music video has been up on the band's official youtube site since 2009 and it's both a popular and classic song and music video. I found out about this achievement thanks to an NPR article I was reading online while attempting to come up with a new blog article. I decided to write a quick list of videos I like on youtube that I think should get more views online. Maybe none of these will get a billion views, but I still think people should view them online. Enjoy!

1. Time Bandits Trailer

This is probably one of my favorite movie trailers of all time (the movie itself is pretty good too). It's the trailer for the Terry Gilliam film "Tim Bandits." Rather than have traditional narration, the viewer gets to listen to the narrator argue with the director while footage from the movie is shown. It's absolutely hilarious and is sure to be more memorable than most more traditional movie trailers.

2. Midnight Screenings - Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Brad Jones is an online movie/food critic who, among other things, reviews movies in his car with his friends right after seeing them in the theater; he dubs these Midnight Screenings. Along with being insightful his impromptu reviews can also be hilarious, especially if he just viewed an awful movie. He and his friend both hated the film "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul," and listening to how they tear into it is hilarious. This was one of the first of Brad Jones's videos that I ever saw, and I've seen many more of them that I've enjoyed immensely. This particular video would be a good one to start with if you aren't familiar with his work.

3. Diner Lobster - SNL

I'm a big Saturday Night Live fan, and this is probably one of my favorite skits of theirs from the last year. It's a musical sketch about eating lobster in a diner, inspired by the classical Broadway musical "Les Miserables." Doing a description of the sketch probably would not do it justice, so I would highly recommend just watching it. As I write it the video had over three million views, although I think it deserves a billion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Imagination to Accept Facts

Me vs. Cracked.com

The Jetsons' Car That Turns Into a Suitcase